1. Soak terra cotta dome in cold water for approximately 15 minutes.
2. Cut 1/2″ to 3/4″ off the top of the garlic bulbs, exposing the clove tops.
3. Place bulbs on terra cotta base.
4. Pour 1 tablespoon of olive oil on top of each bulb.
5. Cover the terra cotta base with the wet dome.
6. Place the terra cotta roaster in a cold oven (do not preheat oven) and bake for 50 to 60 minutes at 325 to 350 degrees F.
7. Place the roasted garlic on vegetables of your choice, crackers or warm spelt bread.
Terra cotta is hot after baked. Let cool before placing the terra cotta under water to avoid breakage.